Sunday, October 25, 2009

Oh Saturday, how I love thee...

Do you know what happens at the New Braunfels H.E.B. at 6:30 on Saturday mornings?  Elderly men from all around do their shopping.  Now that in and of itself is not a spectacular event, cute, but not spectacular.  The really interesting part of that is apparently it is necessary for them to start out their shopping experience with an H.E.B. donut and believe me - pity the fool who stands in their way.  Saturday was my day to bring snacks and drinks for the boys after their football game and since I had a ridiculously busy week and the game was at 8 AM I decided on donuts and OJ. After the 4th cute as a button older gentleman pushed his cart darn near up my backside and gave me a "get the heck out of my way you whippersnapper, don't you know the rules of the Saturday morning H.E.B. donut shop??" - I gave up hopes of a wide assortment of donuts and picked up 3 dozen glazed to make it out of the bake shop with my ankles intact.
The game was a success - a million points to zero as far as our guys were concerned!  Which means that we will be heading to the playoffs!!  4 more weeks of 3 nights a week practices and Sunday games - yes, it is a double edged sword.  We treated Grampa to breakfast at Garcia's in San Marcos - if you ever get out that way try their Carne Guisada - good times.  And then we headed home.
But not for long...because sometime, yes sometimes my husband says things that make me realize I am indeed the luckiest wife in the world.

him  -  "Do you want to go check out the nursery they were talking about in class last week?"
me  -  "ugh, gr, I, uh, YES, yes of course, sure, yeah, let's do it."

Oh my man loves plants and that is a-okay with me!!
Fanick's Fallow Tree
Welcome to Fannick's!  Oh the plants that were laid out before us!
Home Grown
Berries, berries and berries...
Bursting with Berries
Beautiful flowers...
Flowers
Strange trees...
The Bacon Tree
Fungus Amongus...
Fungus Amongus
The ever present Nursery cat...
Nursery Cat
And the boys creating chaos...
Trying to keep up
Butterflies enjoying the flowers...
Enjoying the flowers
All topped off by one of the cutest old ladies I have seen in years!  Oh how I wish you could see her from the front.  I don't know where she was going, but she was going in style, dressed to the nines!  I wanted so desperately to have tea at her house - just precious!
Doesn't get much cuter.

1 comment:

  1. Stacy! I didnt know you had a blog. Love it! Love it! I'm adding you to my blog roll on http://wenderflonia.com

    ReplyDelete