Friday, October 2, 2009

Oh the Bargain Bins at the Bookstore...

I went to Borders today, for 1 book, not a specific book, but certainly a specific subject.  I left with 3 books and an Ultimate Spy Kit - oh how the Bargain shelves just draw me right in.

For less than 5 dollars I will disassemble The Tree and use its beautiful insides to create something new









For less that 4 dollars I can create any 1 of 400 dips, dressings, salsas, jams, jellies & pickles







For less that 3 dollars my oldest will be crafting his own little spy gear



It seems somewhat wrong to see a book in the bargain bin. How does a book lose value? How are the words it holds any less important 30 days after it hits the shelves? How are the beautiful pictures and illustrations less appealing to the eye after such a short period?


Of course I understand supply and demand and the waning and waxing of popularity, but it just seems wrong.

Unfortunately that may make me some sort of hypocrite or opportunist because I cannot visit a Borders or Barnes and Nobles or any book store without hitting the Bargain shelves - heck I spend more time there than anywhere else in the store.



Plus spending less than15 dollars on 3 books that not too long ago would have cost me over 60 makes me feel so much better about spending 40 on the ONE book I actually went in for.



Happy reading and bargain hunting and creating and spying and sewing and saucing.

No comments:

Post a Comment