Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years!!

Do you remember where you were 10 years ago?

I was in Lubbock-By-God-Texas.  Living the single life.  Sharing a house with my best friend.  Driving a big Red 4X4.  Bar hopping on New Year's.  Flirting with boys and having an all around good time.
I though I had it made.  I thought I was living the life.  I thought there was nothing else I needed.
I was wrong.
10 years later I am an old married lady with 2 kids, a dog and a bird.  I drive a mom-mobile.  I stay in most nights.  The only boys I flirt with are 8 and 2.  I'll be spending New Year's surrounded by family and friends - shooting off fireworks outside of downtown San Antonio (don't tip off the police).
I do have it made.  I am living the life.  There is nothing else I need.
Playing Dinosaurs together
Happy New Year's everyone.  Be safe, Be loved, just Be!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that, sister!
    Happy New Year... to the luckiest mom in the world, accept, of course, for this one :-)

    ReplyDelete