Wednesday, December 23, 2009

BraveHeart

My Jared, he's a good kid.  He's rambunctious and loud and mouthy at times, but he's a good kid. 
Silly
There is a plan in place to get him up North just after Christmas so he can spend a fun filled week at the ranch!  10,000 acres of 4-wheeling and go-carting and target practice - what little boy wouldn't go head over heels for that?  Problem is - it's going to take a plane ride to get it done.  Alone. 
Seriously Silly
He has stood strong in his conviction that he was NOT getting on a plane.  No way, no how, not going to happen.  Until today.  He asked some basic questions, had me outline just exactly how it would go down and then said, "Let's do it!"  
Wow, I am so proud of this little man.  He rationalized and weighed his options put aside his fears.  I will say though - the promise of free soda without mom there to give him the "Are you kidding me???" look - most likely put him over the top!!
We still have 3 or 4 days, so anything could happen, but we are a step closer to getting him past this little 8 year old fear and that pleases me to no end.
Too big for the fort
Now if I can only manage to keep it together until he gets out of view....lord help me!  I'm pretty certain I will be the one freaking out in the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment