Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I guess this makes me the gatherer...

My guys are hunters.  A far away cabin, weapons and helpless furry or winged creatures and they are set for the weekend!
The Hunter
2 days without the worries of work or women, bonding with like minded others - what more could they ask for?  For them it means waking up shivering in sleeping bags, coffee by the fire outside (hot chocolate for the little hunters) and a day of manly endeavors.
For me it is a weekend spent with my little guy.  A quiet house, cereal for 2 at the big table, coloring on the floor and a 3 hour nap smack dab in the middle of the day - which we are more than prepared for as we rarely change out of our pajamas!
Still in our PJs
Come Sunday they return home with tales of the one that got away or the one that didn't.
 Rambo
Mom! You won't believe how cold it was!!
And would you believe?? 
And can you imagine??
And I can't wait till next time!!
You would think all these stories (tall tales or not) would be the highlight of their return - but no - there is something I enjoy so much more...
What is this outfit?
The outfits...oh how I love the outfits.  Who wears this kind of stuff?
Apparently my guys! 
And now that the hunters have returned...it's time for the gatherer to get started...
For the Gatherer

No comments:

Post a Comment